Friday, August 5, 2011

REFLECTIONS OF OUR FIRST MISSION TRIP TO THE PHILIPPINES THIS YEAR part 4

Greg Crenshaw and I were asked by this group of ladies for a photo.  Many people would stop us as we were walking and ask for a photo so not only did we pose for their cameras, we often got one on our cameras as well.


The scenery was incredible in the jungle with all of the plants, clouds, and the mountains in the distance.

This is one of the classes I taught.  These young men and women were such a joy to talk to.  I really enjoyed their participation in class as I asked questions and gave illustrations.
Greg Crenshaw, pastor of Vine Hill Baptist Church, taught one of his breakout sessions in the tabernacle.  When he finished his lesson, we had Q&A time and dealt with topics such as baptism, church membership and more.
Aaron Shipp, pastor of First Baptist of New Haven, played football with the youth during the break.  He was called 'Mr. Athletic'.  Matthew was called 'the spirit of Spurgeon'.  Did I get a nickname also?  Oh yeah, 'Santa Claus'!  Why?  Of course, my gray whiskers and my 'big belly'.  I told them that next time I come back, I would be smaller. Their reply?  "No, Pastor Bruce, we will miss your belly." so I answered, "I hope to miss my belly, too."

Aaron, Greg, and Matthew before the Sunday night service.  Matthew preached about the 'living stones' that God uses to build His church.

No comments:

Post a Comment