Friday, August 5, 2011

REFLECTIONS OF OUR FIRST MISSION TRIP TO THE PHILIPPINES THIS YEAR part 2

Matthew and I waiting for the evening worship. He was a late addition to the trip. He was supposed to go on another trip but it got cancelled so I asked him to go with us.  I am so glad that God made it happen.

 Before the worship service, we had our supper together. The food was prepared over open fires and the food was amazing.  Our meal times were filled with great fellowship and special memories.

Greg and Vickie Cochran poses for a quick photo at supper.  Greg is our team leader and was very encouraging to us, especially since four of us had never been to the Philippines.

Hannah Cochran and Daniel Wilson work so well together.  They minister each week as part of the praise team at Cedar Grove Baptist Church in Shepherdsville.
"Home away from home": this housing unit was built by missionairies years ago and we were very thankful to have such provisions in the middle of the jungle.  I roomed with Aaron Shipp and Matthew Spandler-Davison and we have a great time together... we had so many laughs no matter what time of the day!
Ligaya can sing so amazingly.  Such as sweet voice and during one of the worship services, she sung a duet with her mother, Juliet, and it was totally amazing.
Pastor Lito and I have so much in common, I think we are twins.  His sense of humor proved to be quite entertaining... during one of the worship services, when they were giving us a string of wooden beads as a gift, he gave me mine as he laughed and said, "You are worthy of my holy kiss."  How can you not laugh at that when he says that right in the middle of the service???

Here is the tabernacle as we approached it that Sunday morning.  Pastor Lito interpretted for me as I preached the message that morning.  And I loved to hear him sing.  His voice was so full and powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment