Friday, August 5, 2011

REFLECTIONS OF OUR FIRST MISSION TRIP TO THE PHILIPPINES THIS YEAR part 5

I asked the tamborine girls to sing with me during the worship service and since we sung 'Amazing Grace', we became the 'Amazing Grace Choir'.







Even Matthew looked tall in the Philippines!
One night, we had fish soup with our meal.  I don't know what it was really called but since it was a chunk of fish in a soup bowl of water, we called it fish soup.  Did I eat it?  No, I did not. But Greg smiled really big before he tried it.
The music was amazing... so lively and so God-honoring. Not only that, but the praise team members got along incredibly well.  That's unusual.  You know how musicians can be sometimes...
We took a ride to a 'spring' for those who wanted to go swimming on our 'day off'.  The scenery was beautiful as you can see in this photo.
We had "19" people in the van that we rode in.  They said "19" because they counted Aaron and me twice because of our size.
Another photo opp.  It seemed like everyone had a camera because we were always be asked to be in a picture.  But after all, don't all young people love Santa Claus?

This 'spring' was built in the middle of nowhere.  How come our 'springs' don't look like this??????????
I got to sit in the front seat since I was 'huge' and so I got to take this pic of our team.  They look so cozy.
This water buffalo is bigger than my car. 
This was our last evening meal at the camp before heading to Magpet.  The food was incredible each day.  The mangos were very soft and sweet.
These last two photos are from Magpet, which was the last day that Matthew and I were with the team.  We were ready to go home but at the same time, we really didn't want to leave our team and our new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment