Friday, August 5, 2011

REFLECTIONS OF OUR FIRST MISSION TRIP TO THE PHILIPPINES THIS YEAR part 1

Here I am taking care of all of the luggage while the rest of the team has coffee or something enjoyable. But not me, I am stuck with all of this stuff! (Bless my heart. I know you feel my pain.)


Our team gathers for a quick photo before heading to Mt. Carmel for the conference. Left to right, Hannah Cochran, Aaron Shipp, Matthew Spandler-Davison, Vickie Cochran, Greg Crenshaw, Daniel Wilson, Greg Cochran, and myself.

Here we are visiting the tabernacle to see where our worship services would be held.  Each service was a true blessing to experience. We had different worship teams lead us each service and everyone was so supportive of us.
One song that was sung during the invitation was in cebuano and even though I could not understand the words to the song, I could definitely recognize the power of adoration for God in it. GOD IS AWESOME IN ANY LANGUAGE! AMEN? 

Here is a close-up view of the banner behind the pulpit area. By the way, we got to hear some Southern Baptists from the Philippines sing Southern Gospel songs that I have known for years. That was lots of fun!


Here is Greg Cochran with two men from the camp's conference. The man on the right is Pastor Nelson whose father was one of the first Filipino converts to Southern Baptists about 50 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment