Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WOULD YOU PRAY FOR US?

2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. 3 At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison— 4 that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. 5 Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. 6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Col 4:2-6 (ESV)

These verses really grabbed my attention this week.  I know I have read them many times before but not like this time.  As a pastor, I am experiencing a personal revival right now and have been for the last few weeks.  As energizing as that is, I also see even more need for us to pray for each other, for our churches, our communities, our nation, and yes, our world.

As we pray, we need to be thankful to God for all that He is, has done, and has promised to do.  We need to pray for all pastors, worship leaders, teachers, deacons, trustees, etc.  We need to pray for all those who work in the church's nurseries and kitchens.  We need to pray for those who type the bulletins and those who clean the floors. BECAUSE OUR CHURCHES NEED TO REACH MORE PEOPLE FOR JESUS CHRIST.  WILL YOU PRAY FOR US?

3 comments:

  1. Let me invite you to leave a comment here to let us know that you are praying for us. And also let us know how we can pray for you. Thank you and may God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you my man.

    ReplyDelete