Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WHAT IS THE REAL REASON?

In John chapter six, look at what Jesus says...
26 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you are seeking me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves.

Jesus had just fed the 5,000 men plus the women and children.  Now the crowd catches up with Him on the other side acting like He's their best friend.  But Jesus knew their real motive, they wanted food, not guidance.  They wanted something for the moment, not for eternity.

What about you?  If you are going to church and following Jesus, what is the REAL reason that you are doing so?  Is it because of who He IS or because of what He can DO for you?  Never let the gifts become more important than the Giver.

And if you are not going to church and if you are not trying to follow Jesus, what is the REAL reason that you are holding back?  Are you trying to find happiness in someone or something else?  Are you like the people in the crowd who were only living for the moment with no eternity in mind?  Whatever the reason, I pray that you will meet my Lord, Jesus and that you will see how much He loves you.  Don't take this next statement lightly...  HE DIED FOR YOU SO THAT HE COULD SPEND ETERNITY WITH YOU IN HEAVEN.

If you have never asked Jesus into your life to forgive you of any and everything that is separating you from God, would you do it today?  Would you ask Jesus to guide you so that you can live a life that pleases God as your heavenly Father?  If so, then just ask God by using a prayer something like this...

Lord, I know that Jesus died for me to pay the price for the wrong that I have done.  And I know that you raised Him up so that He could rejoin You in heaven.  Please forgive me for all of my sin and give me a fresh start so that I can be a part of Your family.  Jesus, please come into my life and lead in the right way.  Thank You for saving me.  Amen.

If you prayed that prayer and meant it, guess what?  You are now headed in the right direction.  Your sins are gone and Jesus is ready to lead you towards a whole new life.  Be sure to tell somebody today about your great news.  Find a local church where you can learn more about Jesus and how we can become more like Him.  And if you would, send me a note and let me know your great news as well.  Just email me at brucenichols@rollingforkbaptistchurch.com and I will be sure to send you a note of encouragement.  Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment