Thursday, January 13, 2011

"HISTORY MAKERS AND WORLD SHAKERS"

I have been blessed to be included in a special prayer group and today was my first day with these men.  When my friend, Dan, prayed, I was so overwhelmed with how beautiful and how powerful his prayer was.  As we prayed together, I felt so much of God's presence in the room and then it happened... Dan used a phrase that grabbed my attention and would not let go... "Lord, make us history makers and world shakers...". WOW, what an awesome way to say, "Lord, help us do our part in fulfilling Your mission here on earth.".
So often, we pray things like "Lord, take care of me and give me what I want...".  You might as well admit it because deep down you know that I am right.  We are to ask God for our 'daily bread' but we are not to be the focus in all of our prayer.  The best way to see your prayer answered is to pray for somebody else.  And nothing is more important than praying for the salvation of someone else.
So, Lord, just as Dan requested... please help us become history makers and world shakers.  Give us eyes that see what You see.  Give us ears to hear what You hear.  And give us boldness to act upon what we see and hear.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment