Tuesday, November 25, 2014

SO THANKFUL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE IN THE MINISTRY


In November of 1995, I came home from work and told my wife, Rhonda (posing for me in the pic above), that I was convinced that God was calling us to begin a new church in Russellville, KY. After much prayer and discussion, she was convinced that we needed to start this work in our garage so after days of cleaning it out, we began to paint it and you see the finished product above. The "Bible stand" (as my friend, Marvin Stratton called it) and the folding chairs were donated by Marvin and his church family. We had our first service the last Sunday in December of 1995.

I am very thankful to be used as a preacher, teacher, pastor, and worship leader for the last 20 years. I know that I am not worthy of such a calling and I also know that every good thing that has taken place in my years of service is because God enabled me to take part in His work.



We began serving the Rolling Fork Baptist Church's family in January of 1999. Above is our float for the Iron Horse Festival that year. Here are some photos for you throughout the years...


Special recognition for Jin Harned, Sis Gaslin, Margaret Frazier and Irene Gaslin


A much younger pic of Tony Sidebottom and me


Our first praise team: Tony Holt, Robin Vittitow, Donna Jones, Mallory Bradshaw and me


Rhonda posing with Katlyn Miracle imitating me


Another praise team photo: Denise Carter, Kim Barker, Donna Jones and me


Mary Greenwell, Kirsten Carter, Katlyn Miracle, Sierra Holt, Matthew Miracle, Blake Nichols and Tony Greenwell kneeling

And here are some photos from this year...


Senior Adult Meal in May



Ladies' Tea Party in July


New Haven Kickball League in July


Darlene Hanson, Sue Fannin and I on our mission trip to the Philippines (pictured here with Pastor Joe and Juliet Fernandez and their son, Richard)


Church Picnic in August


Volunteering at Warm Blessings in August


Iron Horse Festival in September


Sam Johnson teaching one of the VBS classes in September

Please pray for us as we end 2014 and begin 2015. We see many opportunities before us. Pray that we will be equipped and ready to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment