Thursday, May 20, 2010

PRAYING FOR A CURE...

I am sure that almost everyone has known someone who has fought the battle against cancer... some are still fighting the battle against it and some have been healed from cancer.  Then there are those who are no longer with us here in this life... people like my dad (pictured on the right).  My dad died at the young age of 52 years young while trying to overcome cancer.  I can't tell you how much I miss my dad.  He was my friend and a great role model for my brother, Brian, and myself.  In addition to my dad, I have had several friends go to war with cancer.
I applaud the people who gone through the treatments, the sickness, the fears, and the weakness but now have been able to regain their lives.  I am also so impressed to see so much pink all around us... pink shirts, shoe strings, hats, you name it.  Even Kentucky Fried Chicken buildings!  Not that I like that color but I appreciate what it stands for.  So let's keep praying for our friends, family members, and everyone else is going through cancer.  I invite to you list your loved ones in the comment area below as we pray for a cure. Amen?  Please feel free to indicate beside each name if they are survivors, currently fighting cancer, or have passed away.

3 comments:

  1. Arden (Nick) W. Nichols, JR who went home to be with the Lord on April 21, 1995

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother and father, Pearl and Albert Braden, my grandfather, Albert Mattingly all passed away from cancer. My wife, Melissa, and her sister, Jennifer are doing well as of now. My best friend, Dennis Newton, has just recently been diagnosed.

    ReplyDelete