Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NO MORE COMPLACENCY

In the last several weeks, my spiritual walk has been going through an 'extreme makeover'... evaluating and re-evaluating, reading and studying, asking and explaining, and most of all, praying.  Praying for guidance.  Praying for direction in certain areas.  Praying to be more effective in my personal life as well as in my ministry life.

One of my 'discoveries' is that there are some areas in my ministry that need to be looked at to make sure that I am pleasing God through the decisions that I make each week.  Yes, we are to reach people for Jesus Christ and yes, we are meet them where they are but we are not to 'water down' or compromise the seriousness of what God wants us to do and how He wants us to do it.

I have realized that part of the reason that we have so many complacent churches in America is because we have so many complacent pastors in America.  Last year, I went through several areas in my life and in my spiritual walk that I was just 'going through the motions'.  Not necessarily intentional about it, but just acted that way.  So as we continue living this new year, I am asking God to help me correct those issues by renewing my mind through His Word and through prayer.  Instead of just doing what I would normally have done in the past, I am trying to re-align it with God's Word to make sure that I am going the right direction. 

How about you?  Is your life going the right direction or do you need to let God make some adjustments in your life?  Do you have areas in your life that you need to re-energize and serve God like never before?  What areas in your life have been neglected in the last year?  Let's take every opportunity to make this the best year we have ever lived.  It all starts with Jesus Christ and Him being glorified in our everyday lives.  Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment