Saturday, February 12, 2011

ARE YOU SEEING DOORS OPEN TO SHARE GOD'S WORD?

Today, we visit verse 3 of this passage...

2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. 3 At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison— 4 that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. 5 Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. 6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Col 4:2-6 (ESV)

What a timely request for prayer!  Just as Paul asked for prayer support in his ministry, so am I... and not just for me but for all of our pastors and teachers so that we would be able to say what God wants us to say in the way that He wants us to say it and when He wants it said.  He said 'pray for us' showing his awareness of self limitations when it comes to knowing what it takes to reach people for Jesus Christ.  Yes, he knew the scriptures and yes, he had experience, but just because one approach worked with one person doesn't mean it will work with the next person.  And not only that, he was reaching CROWDS of people at the same time with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Years ago, I heard of the 'Three Open Prayer' that you and I should use each day.
1. 'Lord, open the door for me to share Your good news about Jesus.'
2. 'Lord, open my mouth that I was say what you want said.'
3. 'Lord, open their hearts to receive what you have for me to say.'

Be faithful to God because He is already been so faithful to us.  I want to close this post with the chorus of a great hymn...
Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning, new mercies I see.
All I have needed, Thy hands have provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment