Friday, May 24, 2013

NO MAGIC ERASER FOR SIN

If MAGIC ERASER ever had a Hall of Fame for people who loved their product, my wife would be one of the first enductees. She loves those little white sponges that can clean anything! And I do have to admit that I have been impressed with them too. I used one on my car's headlights one night and I was amazed how much brighter the lights were.
 
While Mr. Clean's MAGIC ERASER is very powerful in many areas, there is one area it cannot touch. Sin. No MAGIC ERASER or any other product can clean away the sin in our lives. In fact, there is nothing that we can do on our own to remove the sin from our lives. Only God can do that through the blood of Jesus.
 
No matter how much we try to be a better person or try to stop falling into the traps that temptation lures us into, we are hopeless without Jesus. The old hymn is correct when it asked a question, "What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus."
 
The Bible is very clear that we are going to held accountable for our actions and we will be rewarded or punished accordingly. If you want to hear the Lord say, "Well done, My good and faith servant..." (Matthew 25:21), then we have to stop relying on our own will power or resources and start relying on God to forgive us as we repent and confess our sins to Him.
 
Hebrews 9:22 (ESV) 22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.



No comments:

Post a Comment